jill & brandon: wedding

you stay classy, ft. collins.

003.jpg 004.jpg 006.jpg002.jpg008.jpg

every groom deserves to look like a king on his wedding day. here, brandon was light only by God’s great natural window light inside the armstrong hotel.

010.jpg 011.jpg 012.jpg

one of the joys of having several photographers at a wedding is the variety of angles. kudos to christina dooley for her great assistance throughout the whole day. in addition, matt at savady photography served as a great supporting role as an assistant. having a second & third photographer at the side and back allows for supreme coverage and increases chances of capturing candids like this:

013.jpg 016.jpg

while working with them during their engagement session, i learned early on jill has a great smile/laugh/energy about her that was super photogenic. brandon out her laughter so easily:

017.jpg 018.jpg019.jpg 021.jpg 022.jpg

a 1964 vintage rolls royce cloud by ddg classics made for a totally pimp grand ride.

023.jpg 024.jpg 026.jpg

floral arrangement & reception details by finishing touches. our team ate about five slices of to-die-for wedding cake by colorado rose cake.  the calories were worth it.

027.jpg 028.jpg

after scrolling through over 5800 images from the day, i missed this tagging image not once, but twice. third time is a charm.

030.jpg

brian kane rocked the tapestry house. if you are looking for the best DJ in colorado, brian is your man.

031.jpg 033.jpg

the ringbearer got his groooooove on.

035.jpg

the moment we walked into the girls getting ready i’m hearing the super mario theme song… bingo: rock shot idea!jill_brandon_rock_shot.jpg

there were so many fine details covered by uber-professionals which made our job sooo much easier,  including the efforts by the talented event coordinator evonne grabauskas and her team at beautiful celebrations, with loran strings providing the instrumental ceremony music, and the low-stress staffing the wedding reception at the tapestry house.  in addition, the charismatic michael blasico at “behind the scenes” catered like a champ, and was kind enough to let me know the chocolate sauce i poured over my filet wasn’t gravy.

11 Responses to “jill & brandon: wedding”

1. jenna Humphreys — September 18, 2009 @ 5:03 am (#)

I only have one word… wow! ok a few more as well, fabulous, beautiful details, absolutely stunning group! I loved the umbrella shot. you’re a rock star rj.

2. Dennis Bullock — September 18, 2009 @ 12:18 pm (#)

Good stuff guys! Love the couple of portraits of Jill

3. Evonne Grabauskas — September 18, 2009 @ 8:34 pm (#)

RJ, what can I say, simply AMAZING! You are ‘da man’! I just love the way your eye catches all the details. They were a fun group to work with. You can’t even tell that it was a cold rainy day!

4. Kayla — September 21, 2009 @ 4:13 am (#)

These are so gorgeous!

5. lori Wemple — September 22, 2009 @ 11:56 pm (#)

VERY nice photos – and I agree on the caps thing; I’ve always avoided them myself, but sometimes they just help. Would love to see you guys blog on technical advice or cool tips.

6. Julie Harris — September 27, 2009 @ 11:16 pm (#)

RJ—Your work has become ridiculously good! I love the photojournalist approach you’ve been taking. My favorite shot though has to be of the groomsmen with the groom peaking behind the column. Very nice.

7. Kelli Nixon Photography — March 20, 2010 @ 1:12 pm (#)

Crazy awesome photography. Love what you are doing with your lighting. The dress with the heartshaped lighting around it is amazing.

8. Tamara Murphy — March 31, 2010 @ 12:21 pm (#)

I agree Kelli, that dress shot is fantastic. I just love your dancing shots, very nice lighting.

9. Chi Photography — October 27, 2010 @ 12:03 pm (#)

Love the dress shot as well. I love the groomsmen shot.

10. bryan — June 9, 2011 @ 11:27 pm (#)

great lighting good job

11. Hardy Klahold — May 2, 2012 @ 12:03 pm (#)

Beautiful pictures here!