Flash Bus Tour with Hobby & McNally: After Class

wpid-flashbus-2011-03-22-21-121.jpg Ended up in detention with Numnuts & The Strobist after getting schooled in Flash Bus Tour ’11 proved a wonderful thing. I enjoyed their time to talk with me one-one-one about their experiences in becoming what they are now: BIG {humble} STUFF.

I loath the feeling of being in detention trouble. In this case, Amanda Tipton (pictured left) and I grinned.the.whole.time.

The $100 day passed rather quickly thanks to:

• Listening to pokes (Sorry, Polaroid Boy)
  • Hearing Jokes (Sorry, Canon users)
  • Taking notes (Took more  than in chem class).

Couldn’t be prouder to shake hands with veteran National Geographic Photographer Joe “Numnuts” McNally and check off #35 in my list of 101 goals in 1001 days.

FACT: 3/400+ people wore shorts at the Flash Bus Tour in Denver. I counted. Proud to show off my pale legs aside David Hobby. wpid-flashbus_tour_detention-2011-03-22-21-122.jpg

PS- Wore my Still Love Film shirt to convince these two veterans film is not dead yet. Didn’t work, yet.

PSS- Not to suck up, but Hobby you’re listed #95 my list of 101 goals in 1001 days.

PSSS – Shot with my trusty, not-so-rusty Nikon 24mm f/1.4 at f/2 sans flash, magic, or gypsy dust.

12 Responses to “Flash Bus Tour with Hobby & McNally: After Class”

1. Gino Siller — March 23, 2011 @ 7:14 am (#)

Lucky! REALLY wish I could of made it, but the day job gets in the way again. Look forward to hearing about it.

2. Brooke — March 23, 2011 @ 11:10 am (#)

Aww… Canon digs! 😉 I wish I could have gone but didn’t have time right now. 🙁 I’m sure it was awesome!

3. Rachel Olsen — March 23, 2011 @ 11:43 am (#)

What a day it was! Now I need to sit down and go over all my notes 🙂

4. Nicole — March 24, 2011 @ 7:23 am (#)

Hi, totally random blog stalker here! I linked over when Becker linked to your Burning Man post, noticed that you were in Denver and subbed to your feed. I was there on Tuesday too! Ironically I sat through the whole thing and at the end of the day I thought to myself “I wonder if that Kern Photo guy is here?” and so it’s fun to hear that you were! Fun day. I have been simply forced to take the leap into off-camera flash 🙂

5. Amanda Tipton — March 29, 2011 @ 8:30 am (#)

My favorite thing about this picture is that David and RJ and Joe and I clearly have the same feelings about touching. Makes me laugh!

6. R. J. — March 29, 2011 @ 8:36 am (#)

LOL, Amanda!! You are totally right!!

7. Pingback: My pictures would be better only if I… | Kern-Photo

8. Pingback: 101 goals in 1,001 days: v 2.0 | Kern-Photo

9. Pingback: The Hit List: 33 Photo Tips & Tutorials from 2011 | Kern-Photo

10. Pingback: 2011 Year in Review | Kern-Photo

11. Pingback: #95… check {Strobist Feature} | Kern-Photo

12. Sophia — November 26, 2014 @ 8:27 am (#)

I’m truly enjoying the design and layout of your blog. It’s a very easy on the
    eyes whic makes it much more enjoyable ffor me to come
    here and visit more often. Did you hire out a developer to create your theme?
    Excelllent work!