Amy & Sean: Aghios Artemios – Wedding First Look in Santorini, Greece

Venue: Aghios Artemios in Santorini, Greece
Wedding Planning: Helena Han at YaSena
Make-up: Dimitra Giatrakou
Hair: Georgia Theodoraki

Word can not state how grateful I am to be in the presence of them, their family, and closest friend. What a gift to be around such a wonderful, giving and caring couple who love children and animals alike. Sean and I went for a long-run together and together we learned the true meaning of “weaksauce.” When tired, stop on the side of the road and instead of smelling flowers, we eat the world’s best tomatoes (grown right here in Santorini…mmmmm!). Amy and I are photo-buddies. She’s the biggest fan of fellow photographer blog-stalkers and I am proud to call her a favorite ‘fan.’ Together, with Greek wines, we are full practitioners of the word “weaksauce.”

She looked radiant and together the three of us had a blast venturing out exploring Oia (pronounced EEE-YAH), the modern capital of the Greek Aegean island, Santorini in Greece. Amy & Sean will get married in the tommorrow morning and we are all super excited (I can’t sleep in a good way…).

I’d like to think these images created on the day before their wedding exude confidence, beauty, and lovey dove love that stays strong as life lives.

Amy, big hugs and I know you’ll enjoy these (Sean you’re a trouper!). I am proud to showcase a few same-day edits from Amy & Sean’s lovely wedding portrait session in Santorini, Greece. Starting off with the First Look:
wpid-santorini_wedding_photographer_01-2011-07-2-01-03.jpgwpid-santorini_wedding_photographer_03-2011-07-2-01-03.jpgwpid-santorini_wedding_photographer_04-2011-07-2-01-03.jpgwpid-santorini_wedding_photographer_05-2011-07-2-01-03.jpgwpid-santorini_wedding_photographer_06-2011-07-2-01-03.jpgwpid-santorini_wedding_photographer_07-2011-07-2-01-03.jpgwpid-santorini_wedding_photographer_08-2011-07-2-01-03.jpgwpid-santorini_wedding_photographer_09-2011-07-2-01-03.jpgwpid-santorini_wedding_photographer_10-2011-07-2-01-03.jpgwpid-santorini_wedding_photographer_11-2011-07-2-01-03.jpgwpid-santorini_wedding_photographer_12-2011-07-2-01-03.jpgwpid-santorini_wedding_photographer_13-2011-07-2-01-03.jpgwpid-santorini_wedding_photographer_14-2011-07-2-01-03.jpgwpid-santorini_wedding_photographer_15-2011-07-2-01-03.jpgwpid-santorini_wedding_photographer_16-2011-07-2-01-03.jpg Can’t wait to see what the REAL wedding dress looks like soon! Batteries charged, lenses cleaned, gear in order, images backed-up, and I’m raring to go! We are all in for a treat!

23 Responses to “Amy & Sean: Aghios Artemios – Wedding First Look in Santorini, Greece”

1. Keri Doolittle Photography — July 1, 2011 @ 7:08 pm (#)

STUNNING! These are some of my favorite pictures that you have ever posted, they are simply beautiful!

2. Chatti — July 1, 2011 @ 7:16 pm (#)

This is wonderful R.J. My favorite wedding/ post of yours so far.

3. otto schulze — July 1, 2011 @ 7:42 pm (#)

this is without a doubt the best work I have ever seen you do man! simply superb! and mark my words, this is the wedding that is going to catapult your career to a whole new level! this is truly superb! i can see you’ve been getting up early in the mornings. i can see the creative passion you’re feeling…pure inspiration man. this is a dividing line for RJ Kern. From here on out things will not be the same…be blessed man!

4. Rachel Olsen — July 1, 2011 @ 7:47 pm (#)

Absolutely stunning RJ!!! Can’t wait to see the “real” wedding!!!

5. brooke trexler — July 1, 2011 @ 8:04 pm (#)

these are unbelievably gorgeous – amazing!

6. carole Olsen — July 1, 2011 @ 8:17 pm (#)

The photos and setting take my breath away. . .unbelievable pictures, RJ!!

7. Jared Wilson Photography — July 1, 2011 @ 8:46 pm (#)

I’m breathless. Wow. This is at another level. And I gotta get myself to Greece!

8. Helena Han — July 1, 2011 @ 11:33 pm (#)

nothing less than awesomeness!

9. becky g. — July 2, 2011 @ 8:09 am (#)

Your images from Greece have been crazy beautiful, RJ! LOVE them.

10. Spencer @ Shutter Pop Photo — July 2, 2011 @ 10:14 am (#)

I agree with everyone else who says this is some of your best work. Absolutely ethereal and stunning. Good on you, can’t wait to see more!

11. Alyssa — July 2, 2011 @ 1:09 pm (#)

Rj by far this is my favorite work of the year! Beautiful images! I can’t stop looking at them! Her dress is stunning. I thought you should know all that. I love the one of the groom jumping in the back ground. It screams rj style and enthusiasm.

12. Cameron — July 2, 2011 @ 10:03 pm (#)

Nice, dude. I know you’re having a blast!

13. Chung Nguyen — July 2, 2011 @ 10:53 pm (#)

Oh wow – I love love love Amy’s gown. So beautiful!

14. Channel Jibal — July 3, 2011 @ 6:54 am (#)

Beautiful beautiful beautiful. You are amazing with use of light. Also, that dress is amazing.

15. Anastasia — July 3, 2011 @ 11:55 pm (#)

To echo the above comments, my first thought while going through the images was “This is the best I have seen”. Absolutely amazing and inspirational. The light, the colours, the mood… Every single image is perfection. Or, better say, pure magic.

16. Sachin — July 4, 2011 @ 12:34 pm (#)

Beautiful man. so stunning! Bravo!!

Love the shot of the groom jumping in the distance.. awesome!!!!!

17. Karina Crouch — July 5, 2011 @ 9:21 am (#)

Rj… this is incredible!! One of the best I have seen in a while. Stunning images.

18. Brooke Summer Photography — July 11, 2011 @ 12:56 pm (#)

Wow, what an unbelievable experience!!

19. Pingback: Christoforos Asimis | Kern-Photo