Kerrie & Jake

wpid-kerrie-jake-nyc-engagement-session-1-2012-10-22-01-41.jpgA steep mound of grass elevated in the middle of the city, quirky in shape, served as the perfect place to kick off Kerrie & Jack’s NYC engagement shoot… on so many levels.

“Focus more on what you want and less on what you don’t,” Kerrie tweets. Earth needs more people like Kerrie. She’s a passionate health coach who loves raw chocolate and yoga. If possible, our backyard gardens would probably date each other.

Jake and I lived in the same dorm our Freshman year at Colgate. We suffered through 5:45am crew practice on icy Lake Moraine. He was a good guy to have in the boat. Loyal, hardworking. And he’d usually be singing Jack Johnson before Jack went big.

We started off their engagement session in New York City on the rooftop lawn near the Lincoln Center. Together, Kerrie & Jake showcase a zest for life balanced with entrepreneurial spirit.wpid-lincoln-center-engagement-photography-nyc-2012-10-22-01-41.jpgwpid-kerrie-jake-nyc-engagement-session-2-2012-10-22-01-41.jpgwpid-kerrie-jake-nyc-engagement-session-3-2012-10-22-01-41.jpgThen we headed to Riverside Park for sunset, chasing the light.wpid-kerrie-jake-nyc-engagement-session-4-2012-10-22-01-41.jpg

wpid-kerrie-jake-nyc-engagement-session-5-2012-10-22-01-41.jpg
Love the golden locks.
wpid-kerrie-jake-nyc-engagement-session-6-2012-10-22-01-41.jpgwpid-kerrie-jake-nyc-engagement-session-7-2012-10-22-01-41.jpgwpid-kerrie-jake-nyc-engagement-session-8-2012-10-22-01-41.jpg

So wonderful to connect with you both this week! I wish you the very best in planning your wedding in New Orleans!

Stay tuned for the second post feature the medium format digital mages taken with PhaseOne IQ system featuring amazing dynamic range and print quality.

7 Responses to “Kerrie & Jake”

1. Jacob Schur — October 26, 2012 @ 11:00 am (#)

R.J.,

It was great to connect over the phone, and then to see you in New York. I always knew you were talented, and when I saw how these photos turned out I understood why. They are incredible to say the very least! Thank you so much for spending time with us and for taking these amazing photographs.

JAS

2. Brian W. Rogers — October 26, 2012 @ 12:06 pm (#)

Beautiful Photos. Very engaging.

3. Sharron — October 26, 2012 @ 12:13 pm (#)

My beautiful sister you look amazing!!! Jack- looking sharp! You guys are such an amazing couple, these pictures are simply wonderful. Can’t wait for your special day!

<3 Sharron

4. Kerrie Martin — October 27, 2012 @ 1:07 pm (#)

Awwww thanks, Sharron!

R.J. – - – so much gratitude to you for these amazing photos! You are a genius photographer and amazing person. Thanks for traipsing around the city with us in search of the perfect locations. SO fun!

5. Linda Martin — October 28, 2012 @ 10:12 pm (#)

These are beautiful and so is this special couple. We love you!

6. Pingback: Kerrie & Jake {New York, NY} Part II | Kern-Photo

7. Jacob Schur — October 31, 2012 @ 11:48 pm (#)

R.J.,

I wanted to leave one more note about my experience working with you. Kerrie and I are so grateful for the care and love you put into our shoot. Everything lined up perfectly for us to meet in NYC and it was so much fun to reconnect as if no time had passed since college. You are truly talented at what you do and our time together did a lot more for me than just produce outstanding images. It also reminded me just how special and celebratory this time is for Kerrie and me. I can’t thank you enough for capturing these emotions in such a beautiful and timeless way.

Thanks for sharing your creativity, energy, generosity, and positive spirit with us.

Your friend,